Heavy duty equipment used by contractors requires reliable connections to meet operational goals while avoiding environmental contamination due to leaks. Contractors must rely on their equipment to perform with quick change versatility to maintain their face paced schedule. Heavy construction equipment is subjected to additional wear and tear from the environment such as wind, rain, snow, dust and dirt. Heavy duty equipment requires heavy duty coupling solutions to withstand the elements.
Stucchi Offers Heavy Duty Couplings for Reliable Performance
Stucchi offers a large selection of hydraulic quick couplers and check valves to provide reliable performance in a wide range of applications. We offer nearly 60 years of experience in designing and engineering heavy duty quick coupler products that meet the demands of rugged use in harsh conditions. We provide added value to our customers with personalized process analysis and recommendation to the best coupler for the job,
Process Analysis Solves Equipment Coupling Leaks
Stucchi was asked to replace worn out leaking couplers for a contractor experiencing connection leaks that were affecting their operation. Equipment leaking hydraulic fluid could contaminate a nearby waterway, in addition to reducing productivity with extended down time. Upon Stucchi’s assessment we revealed the root cause of the problem, leading back to the type of coupler initially used.
We recommended the VEPHD in the threaded flat face coupler series to eliminate fluid leaks with a patented internal valve. This heavy duty threaded coupling provides leak free connection and disconnection under high residual pressure, with the large mating areas of the flat face design eliminating loss of fluid.
Stucchi’s hydraulic coupler solutions resulted in eliminating the environmental impact from leaky couplers while increasing productivity.
Wide Selection of Threaded Flat Face Couplers
Stucchi offers a wide selection of threaded flat face couplers which provide leak-free quick connect solutions in high-pressure applications with durable and clean design. Our threaded couplings include heavy duty products with locking mechanisms which include the following:
- VEP – a popular selection for many applications with hydraulic circuits which are subjected to high pressure impulses, or circuits where trapped or residual high pressure exists in a line. The thread-to-connect coupler eliminates brinelling and premature wear and tear. The VEP features a yellow O-ring indicator in a user-friendly design and is available in ¼” through 2” sizes with interchangeability between the VEPHD and VEPHDL.
- Connect and disconnect with up to 25 MPa/3625 psi residual pressure and a working pressure of 35-60 MPa/5075-8700 psi.
- VEPHD – the heavy-duty version of the VEP with larger mating areas, upgraded material and the same yellow O-ring. This heavy-duty design offers a higher grade of steel and is ideal in applications with trapped or residual pressure in a line or high-pressure impulses.
- The VEPHD is available in sizes ranging from ¾” through 1 ½”, with connect and disconnect pressure up to 25 MPa/3625 psi of residual pressure and a working pressure of 40-55 MPa/5800-7975 psi.
- VEPHDL – This is the locking version of the heavy-duty threaded coupling which provides a total failsafe solution in the most demanding of hydraulic connection applications. The locking female coupler is interchangeable with the VEPHD for versatility with foolproof, leak-free connection.
- The VEPHDL is available in sizes from 1” to 1 ½”, with quick connect/disconnect up to 25 MPa/3625 psi residual pressure and working pressure of 40-50 MPa/5800-7975 psi.
- VP – The VP threaded flat face coupling series features an auto-lock sleeve for quick connect and disconnect under high residual pressure. This is a popular selection in hydraulic line applications which are subjected to high pressure impulses.
- The VP series comes in sizes from ¼” through 1 ½”, with connect/disconnect up to 25 MPa/3625 psi residual pressure and working pressure of 40-60 MPa/5800-8700 psi. The auto locking sleeve offers positive secondary retention.
Stucchi offers these threaded flat face coupling solutions along with flat faced, threaded poppet, high-pressure, multi-coupling plates, specialty and custom designed connectors to provide connection solutions to a wide range of applications. We meet the demands of contractors and industrial processes that require reliable, durable and versatile quick connect solutions.
Stucchi Provides Connection Solutions
Stucchi offers over five decades of experience in designing and engineering custom connection solutions. We partner with you provide in-depth process analysis to design the optimum hydraulic quick coupling solution for your process. We deliver reliable, durable and versatile connection solutions with a prompt response and on time delivery.
Stucchi is a leading global supplier of hydraulic quick coupler solutions with a wide selection of quick connect couplings, valves and accessories. You can rely on our decades of experience in delivering leak-free connections you can count on. Contact us today to learn more about our series of threaded flat face couplings for applications under high-pressure.