Quality quick couplings reduce risks and costly losses while providing many operational benefits. The concern over making sure that work machinery and tools are functioning 100% is one that is shared by many industries, especially among companies which use hydraulic systems. A single hydraulic accident can cause damage to costly devices resulting in downtime, contamination in the work area and even worse, potentially fatal injuries to operators.
Reduce Risks with Quality Quick Couplings
One of the most sensitive points for hydraulic systems are the connections. In sectors like agriculture, Earth-moving, industrial operations and gas and crude oil extraction, much of the equipment used must be connected by sealing off the hydraulic circuit and making sure it stays that way even when it is subjected to strong mechanical stress, e.g. if the mechanical excavator boom becomes twisted.
If the connection system fails, the following risks may be incurred:
- Financial losses: machinery blocked due to inadequate couplings can cause losses in the range of tens of thousands of Euros due to production downtime, given the economic importance of activities such as the extraction of gas and crude oil;
- Accidents in the workplace: the fluids used in hydraulic systems are heated and pressurized reaching over 700 bar; a leak, no matter how small, can result in the liquid being ejected with great force, potentially causing serious physical injury to operators in the vicinity;
- Environmental contamination: hydraulic fluid leakages which spill onto the ground and into bodies of water can irreparably compromise these natural resources; in addition to environmental responsibility, contamination can lead to serious fines and, in the farming sector, damage the company’s source of income;
- Loss of reputation: downtime, injuries to employees and environmental pollution bring an added cost in terms of reputation and credibility, which weakens the company’s image and alienates existing and potential customers;
- Cost of repairs: repairing the hydraulic system and machinery, as well as replacing the lost fluid, calls for the company to make a significant capital investment; in the worst cases, the damage can also extend to buildings or places where the equipment is housed, further increasing the expenses to be covered.
Choosing quality hydraulic couplings is, therefore, an essential investment to safeguard your company, employees and the environment.
Benefits of Leak Free Quick Couplings
The benefits are not, however, just limited to preventing leaks. Quick couplings guarantee a highly secure hydraulic connection, while speeding up coupling and uncoupling operations. This increases productivity, adding significant value to daily operations.
By drawing on sixty years of experience, Stucchi offers extremely high-quality quick couplings with solutions designed to eliminate leaks. We improve both coupling/uncoupling and circuit operations as well as safety systems to protect against any potential catastrophe. Find out how high quality quick couplings by Stucchi deliver major benefits to your company: contact us for further information.
This post first appeared here: https://www.stucchigroup.com/en/why-choose-a-quality-quick-coupling-the-risks-avoided-and-the-benefits-gained/